Thursday, June 22, 2023

Hyundai's free car care clinic

This is my experience from the Free car clinic from Hyundai which was held from 3rd Oct - 17th Oct '07.


I read a half page advertisement in Times of India about free car care clinic promising unique 80-point check-up, Free car wash, discounts on labour, spare parts and accessories.

As I have an Hyundai Santro, I thought I shall make use of this opportunity and get my car checked up. Somehow, the experience was not so nice.

I took my car to Trident Hyundai's service centre at Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. This is where I get my car serviced and the experience till date was excellent. They attended to promptly, took note of the issues faced, informed me of any defects, took my consent before replacing spares, called me once the service was over, took the feedback on overall service and delivered the car making it look like brand new.

This time the experience was opposite because you see, its free.

When I went to the Trident service centre, they had put posters, stall and buntings giving publicity to this campaign. However, the stall put for this campaign had noone behind it. I was advised by security to contact reception.

When I did, the lady behind the reception asked me to wait. Usually, from my previous experience its not more than 5 mins. This time they took 40 mins. Probably they might have made me wait more if not for intervention by some top management person from Hyundai Company who had seen me waiting for a long time. He spoke to the concerned person and lo! I was attended to, immediately.

Later, all the person did was take my name, contact details and car keys. This took 2 mins! I was made to wait for 40 mins for a 2 minute work!

I was told to collect my car at 4.00 PM. When I went to collect my car, I was surprised to see the quality of wash they had performed. My car was not washed well. I could see the dirt on the body and free scratchs!

The under body too was untouched and dirty. When I asked the customer care executive, he said complete wash is done in paid service and not otherwise. Hope they had mentioned it in the ad.
The customer care executive said nothing about the condition of my car.

Did they really conduct the 'Unique 80-point check-up'?

I did not even bother to ask as it was evident that they had not done it.

I thought, Hyundai promised and Trident's service centre could not keep it up completely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

I also found trident unsatisfactory even for the paid service. It further proves the quality of their business ethics and culture. Thanks for sharing your experiences.