Thursday, June 22, 2023

Brahmin's Coffee Corner

Today(27.10.2007), I went to Brahmin's Coffee Corner also called Brahmin's Cafe to taste the much talked about food. It is not difficult to find this place as you can make out by heavy crowd outside the Cafe. Its customers consists of people from all age groups. Brahmins Cafe is a small self service restaurant where you will have to stand and eat.

This was the menu at Brahmin's Cafe:

2 Idli - Rs.9
1 Vada - Rs.9
Khara Baath - Rs.8
Kesari Baath - Rs.9
Coffee/Tea/Badam Milk - Rs.6

Thats it! The menu was limited but not the crowd!
At 10 AM, it was jam packed with people at the cash counter vying with each other to take their token as it is self serviced. The scene was no different at the food counter.
I took a token for 2 idlis, 1 vada and a coffee. This made me poor by mere Rs.24. After lot of jostling in the crowd, I got my order.

I took the first bite of idli and lo! The idlis just melted in my mouth!
Were they really idlis or butter, I felt. I was surprised by the taste of chutney. I had never tasted anything like this before in my life.

I also tried the Khara Baath and Kesari Baath, they were good too. But, the melting idlis will remain closer to my heart. After this tryst, I am sure I am going to visit Brahmin's Cafe more often now.

Some more information:

Brahmin's Cafe is very close to Bull temple road, Basavanagudi. Go near Uma theatre and ask for directions. Anyone would guide you.
The exact address is as follows:

Brahmin's Cafe
Rangarao Road near Shankar Mutt,
Shankarpuram
Bangalore

Timings: 7 AM to 12 PM
5 PM to 8 PM

Veena Stores
If you crave for tasty idli and vada, you can also visit Veena Stores situated opp Telephone Exchange, 15th Cross, Malleshwaram.
Idli and vada made here are quite tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.